True Democracy gives you a voice…
‘Democracy’ comes from Greek for ‘people rule’. Here in the UK, we are given a say on one day in five years. At the dawn of the digital revolution, we can do better.
The people-powered future of politics
True Democracy is a tool to measure opinion and collect ideas of real people, enabling Government to make best possible decisions in the public interest. More ideas and more opinion – harnessing the experience and brains of the nation – means we can create better solutions to the problems in our society. Try it…
What is True Democracy?
It is an app* for your phone, tablet or computer. A politically neutral, not-for-profit, open source, online debating digital democracy tool. Wow, that sounds complicated, but it’s not at all.
- Raise ideas, about anything, local or national
- Vote on other peoples’ ideas. More popular, important ideas are evident.
- Choose who to vote for The system aligns your opinions with those of Parties and local candidates
What does it achieve?
- A pool of great ideas from real people, with real experience
- A live, daily referendum – a clear picture of what people think, want and need.
- A country run in the interests of people, not politicians
* Use with your web browser on any device. Native apps are coming soon.
• Compare your beliefs with a Party, election candidate, or the rest of the country…
How will True Democracy get to Parliament?
• Show True Democracy to your MP. Ask them to represent popular constituent views.
• Ask your Party, MP or candidate to take part in True Democracy, anonymously at first if they prefer.
• Vote for a Party or candidate who will adhere to public opinion. This is usually an independent.
• If you live in Kenilworth & Southam, vote for our candidate, Jon Foster-Smith.