True Democracy gives you a voice…
‘Democracy’ comes from Greek for ‘people rule’. In the UK, we have democracy for just one day every five years, when we vote. Here at the dawn of the digital revolution, we can do better.
The people-powered future of politics
True Democracy is a tool to measure opinion and collect ideas from real people, helping Government make best-possible decisions in the public interest. More ideas and more opinion – harnessing the experience and brains of the nation – means we can create better solutions to the problems in our society. Try it…
What is True Democracy?
An app* for your phone, tablet or computer. A politically neutral, not-for-profit, open source, online debating digital democracy tool. Wow, that sounds complicated, but it’s not at all!
- Raise ideas, about anything, local or national
- Vote on other peoples’ ideas. More popular, important ideas are evident.
- Choose who to vote for The system aligns your opinions with those of Parties and local candidates
What does it achieve?
- A pool of great ideas from real people, with real experience
- A live, daily referendum – a clear picture of what people think, want and need.
- A country run in the interests of people, not politicians
* Use with your web browser on any device. Native apps are coming soon.
• Compare your beliefs with a Party, election candidate, or the rest of the country…
How will True Democracy get to Parliament?
• Show True Democracy to your MP. Ask them to represent popular constituent views.
• Ask your Party, MP or candidate to take part in True Democracy, anonymously at first if they prefer.
• Vote for a Party or candidate who will adhere to public opinion. This is usually an independent.
Take part! Get started…